Monday, December 26, 2011

BONUS XMAS SPECIAL POST

Ho ho hoo boy. Christmas day once again comes to an end, and once again, I have underslept, over-stuffed myself, and had too many cups of coffee and Bailey’s. Before I pass out into a food-induced coma, I figured I would fire off a blog post.

I got a couple comic-related things this Christmas, courtesy of my dear sister, Kirsten, and my dear friend, Kerilee. The first was An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, and True Stories, which I have flipped through and it looks awesome. It features samples from such heavy-hitters as Art Spiegelman, Charlie Burns, and Gil Hernandez.




The second is a Marvel pop-up calendar, which is also pretty cool and which I can use to schedule my blog updates more regularly. It features such heavy-hitters as the Silver Surfer, Wolverine, and Hulk.




In the spirit of the holidays, BuzzFeed recently featured some artwork that shows what the old classic “A Christmas Story” would look like if the cast was made up of Marvel characters. Check 'er out at the link below!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/a-marvel-christmas-story

And on the independent webcomic side of things, here is some holiday cheer courtesy of Kate Beaton:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=330

I hope you had a good Christmas or whatever it is that you celebrate!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment